Monday, October 09, 2006

A Horrible Trip


In one summer, one of my dad´s friends invite all the family to his island in Baru. (1)The day that we were going I packed my shoes, my clothes, my soccerball, and my mosquito repelent. (2)When we arrived to the harbor were the boat was, I realized that the boat was little, dirty, and without an strong engine. (3)My dad told me that it wasn't really an island in the open sea, he told me that we could get there by boat, by car, or by any other thing. (4)While we were on the way, the boat jumped, it produce a strange sound, and it was very slow.

I was very hungry so I started to search for some food. (5)Under the seat, there were some potatoe chips. Let me tell you something, those chips were very old. I had a horrible stomachache for the rest of the way. (6)A kid telling stupid jokes, bored me. (7)Whenever I eat something old, I go directly to the bathroom. (8)Yes, it was a horrible trip but a funny experience.

1-series of objects
2-series of modifiers
3-series of phrases
4-series of independent clauses
5- prepositional phrase
6- participial phrase
7- adverb clause
8- yes, no, or interjection

No comments: